Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Meditation is Praying

Text: Psalm 5:1-2, Colossians 3:1, Joshua 1:8

Meditation is a form of praying. In our text the words "prayer" and "meditation “are used to mean the same thing. Therefore, communing with God through keeping our mind stayed on the things of the Lord is also prayer. (Isaiah 26:3)

When we pray through meditation we are praying the Word of God which has power within it to deliver our solution.

Meditation will help me to obey the word of God; give me good success, and make me prosperous. (Joshua 1:8)

Since in meditation we say the word of grace to ourselves and to God over and over again, muttering on it under our breath until it becomes revelation, this is like importunate praying until the answer comes.

For example we can pray John 16:13 by repeating over and over again; “I am led by the Holy Spirit. He leads me and guides me into all truth. He helps me make wise decisions so that I always say and do the right thing at the right time in the right way and at the right place”

In prayer we must also be sensitive to receive from God. It is a two way communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment