Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Power of Confession

Text: Romans 10:9-10, 1 John 1:9, 2 Corinthians 13:1

Another meaning for “Confession” is to “agree with”. So when we confess the word of God , we are actually agreeing with the word of God, and when we confess, we are actually agreeing that we have sinned according to the Word of God. But there is a stark difference between speaking the word and confessing. Many a time we take them to be the same. That is not so. Until I add the word” confess”, or “agree” I have actually not confessed or agree. When I say” I confess Jesus as my Lord and Savior” I mean I agree that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. That is different from me, repeating Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
The Bible says if two of us shall agree as touching anything, God will do it for us.(Matthew 18:19).Infact in 2 Corinthians 13:1, The Bible says in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be confirmed. The word agree there actually means “lending our voice “to the same time.
So learn to add the word “confess or agree” and voice activated the word of God as you make your confession of the Word of grace, and set the angels in motion to deliver the blessing(Psalm 103:20).
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment